) Nine subtracted from a number gives
21 241 Terry the cat is this the
Find the number
If the Frence in their ages is
13 Six subtracted from a number is equal to
how old is each ca
one-fourth of the sum of the number and
25) A father is twice as old as his son the sur
45. Find the number
of the ages is 99 years. Find their ages
JA Eleven less than two-thirds of the sum of
26) A boy's age is one fourth that of his other
twice a number and nineteen, is 95. Find the
After 24 years the boy will be half the age of
his father. Find the present ages
15) The sum of one-fourth, one-ninth and one-
third of a number is 25. Find the number.
27) A rectangle has a perimeter of 95 cm
length is twice its breadth. Find it
vio) The numerator of fraction is 1 less than its
denominator. If the numerator is increased
28) A square paper is folded into half
by 4 and the denominator is increased by 5,
breadthwise. The perimeter of the rectangle
formed is 12 cm. What is the area of the
the new fraction becomes equivalent to
What is the original fraction?
29) The length of a rectangle is 14 cm more
17) If is added to a number and the sum is
than its breadth. If the perimeter is 448 cm
multiplied by 2, the answer is
What is the
find the dimensions of the rectangle
30) The sides of a triangle, taken in order, are
18) Mala gave Kamala half the number of
each 3 cm longer than the preceding side
sweets she had. She then had 7 sweets left.
If the perimeter of the triangle is 81 cm
How many sweets did Mala have at the start?
find the length of its sides.
19) Half a block of wood plus 6 kg weighs the
same as the block of wood. What is the 31) In a cinema hall, 300 tickets were sold for a
weight of the block?
total of 32,000. If the tickets were of two
denominations of 80 and 7120, how many
20) In a town, where the population is 90,000,
of each were sold?
the male population is two-thirds the female
population. Find the male and female 32) Alima has 76 coins, a mix of 50 p and 25 p