Air Pollutionrefers to the release of pollutants into the air that are detrimental to human health and planet as a whole.
CausesVehicle Exhaust FumesThe number one source of air pollution in city environments is vehicle exhaust fumes, which happen to release high amounts of carbon monoxide.
2. Fossil Fuel based Power PlantsChemicals like sulfur dioxide are released during the burning process, which travels straight into the atmosphere.This is one of the reasons that alternative energy sources, such as nuclear,solar, and wind are being explored in great detail. They tend to release much less pollutants into the environment to produce equivalent amounts energy.
3. Exhaust from Industrial Plants and FactoriesSimilar to exhaust being released by vehicles , heavy machinery located inside big factories and industrial plants also emit pollutants into the air.
4. Construction and Agricultural ActivitiesOn a daily basis, dirt and dusk is kicked up into the atmosphere from excavating and demolition type construction activities.
5. Natural SourcesVolcanoes, fires and dust storms are nature-born events that dump massive amount of air pollution in the environment.
6. Household ActivitiesCommon household chemicals, notably bleach, without proper ventilation is a primary source of indoor air pollutionSmoking tobacco through the use of cigarettes and cigars also releases toxic pollutants into the air.
EffectsAccelerated Global WarmingGlobal warming refers to the increased temperature Earth continues to experience.These higher temperatures lead to the melting of the polar ice and icebergs, which elevates sea levels and creates concern to human race.
2. Human Respiratory and Heart ConcernsAir pollution is known to cause irritation on eyes, lungs,nose and throat.It creates respiratory problems and exacerbates existing conditions such as asthma and emphysema.
3. Wildlife EndangermentMost diseases and conditions that human susceptible to , animals are as well.
4. Acid RainAcid rain has been known to cause harm to humans and animals alike and even damage crops.
Noise Pollutionalso known as environmental noise or sound pollution.The propagation of noise with harmful impact on the human and animal activity.
Sources of Noise Pollution
1. Household gadgets - like food mixer,grinder, vacuum cleaner, washing machine and dryer.
2. Social Events - Places of worship, discos and gigs ,parties and other social events also create a lot of noise for the people living in that area.
3. Commercial and industrial activities - Printing press, manufacturing industries, construction sites contribute to noise pollutions in large city.
For more information
The spanish Period
Spanish colonial motives were not, however, strictly commercial. The Spanish at first viewed the Philippines as a stepping-stone to the riches of the East Indies (Spice Islands), but, even after the Portuguese and Dutch had foreclosed that possibility, the Spanish still maintained their presence in the archipelago.
The Portuguese navigator and explorer Ferdinand Magellan headed the first Spanish foray to the Philippines when he made landfall on Cebu in March 1521; a short time later he met an untimely death on the nearby island of Mactan. After King Philip II (for whom the islands are named) had dispatched three further expeditions that ended in disaster, he sent out Miguel López de Legazpi, who established the first permanent Spanish settlement, in Cebu, in 1565. The Spanish city of Manila was founded in 1571, and by the end of the 16th century most of the coastal and lowland areas from Luzon to northern Mindanao were under Spanish control. Friars marched with soldiers and soon accomplished the nominal conversion to Roman Catholicism of all the local people under Spanish administration. But the Muslims of Mindanao and Sulu, whom the Spanish called Moros, were never completely subdued by Spain.